Suspected Boko Haram terrorists have reportedly called on the Federal Government to negotiate the release of more than 50 abducted residents in Borno State through a journalist they selected as a mediator. The development came as the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) assured Nigerians that the 42 pupils abducted from Mussa Primary and Junior Secondary School in Askira Uba local government area of Borno State on May 15 had not been forgotten, assuring that troops were working tirelessly to secure their safe release. It was gathered that 13 of the victims, including…
Read MoreTag: Boko Haram
7 B’Haram, ISWAP commanders arrested returning from Hajj
Seven suspected commanders of Boko Haram and the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) have been arrested at Katsina Airport while returning from the Hajj pilgrimage in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. The Federal Government has described the arrest as one of the biggest breakthroughs achieved through Nigeria’s integrated digital identity system. Minister of Interior, Dr. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, disclosed the development on Friday, shortly after President Bola Ahmed Tinubu assented to the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Act, 2026, saying the arrests underscored the effectiveness of the administration’s reforms in identity management…
Read More‘B’Haram, banditry, clashes driving poverty across the North’ – Report
A new report has revealed that violent conflict across the northern part of the country is deepening poverty and weakening the ability of households to recover from economic shocks. The report, titled: ‘Insecurity, Livelihoods and Welfare in Northern Nigeria’, identified three major forms of insecurity affecting the region: Boko Haram/ISWAP insurgency in the North-East, farmer-herder conflicts in the North-Central, and banditry and kidnapping in the North-West. The findings were unveiled on Thursday in Abuja, during a high-level webinar convened by the ‘Chronic Poverty Advisory Network of the Institute of Development…
Read More“Fulani militants deadlier than B’Haram, ISIS” – U.S Congressman
A United States Congressman, Riley Moore, has alleged that Fulani militants have murdered more Nigerians than Boko Haram. Moore said this in a post on his verified 𝕏 handle on Saturday. Recall that the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) said an estimated 30,000 armed Fulani militants are operating across Nigeria in groups ranging from 10 to 1,000 members. The Commission stated this in its May 2026 report titled: ‘Non-state Violators of Religious Freedom in Nigeria: Fulani Militants’. According to the report, the militants have become some of…
Read MoreEid-El-Kabir: Military warns of planned terror attacks in the North
The headquarters of the Joint Task Force (North-East), ‘Operation Haɗin-Kai‘ (OPHK), has assured residents of the North-East region of adequate security ahead of the Eid-el-Kabir celebrations scheduled for tomorrow Wednesday, amid intelligence reports warning of possible terrorist attacks. In a security advisory issued yesterday, the Theatre Command said troops had been strategically deployed to vulnerable locations across the region to ensure peaceful celebrations. The Command, while extending Eid greetings to Muslim faithful, disclosed that remnants of Boko Haram and the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) might attempt to exploit…
Read MoreB’Haram finally agree to release 50 women, children from 416 kidnapped
…Says others scattered A faction of Boko Haram, identified as Jama’atu Ahlis-Sunna Lidda’Awati Wal-Jihad (JAS), has agreed to release 50 women and children from a group of 416 abducted victims following intense negotiations and mediation efforts by the Borno-South Youth Alliance (BOSYA). However, the insurgents warned that the process may be severely hindered, claiming the captives have already been dispersed across distant locations. In a voice note, a representative of the terrorist group, speaking in Hausa, disclosed that gathering the women and children for release would be extremely difficult due…
Read MoreOver 700 repentant Boko Haram members set for reintegration after rehabilitation programme
More than 700 former Boko Haram insurgents who have undergone deradicalisation and rehabilitation are set to be reintegrated into society, marking a significant milestone in ongoing efforts to restore peace and stability in affected regions. According to credible sources familiar with the development, preparations are currently underway at the rehabilitation facility ahead of a formal graduation ceremony for the individuals, described as “clients” of the programme. The event will signify the completion of a comprehensive process designed to transform former fighters into law-abiding citizens. It was gathered that the rehabilitation…
Read MoreB’Haram terrorists kill Army Colonel, 21 soldiers in Borno attack
Boko Haram insurgents have reportedly attacked a military outpost in Monguno, Borno State, killing at least 22 soldiers of the Nigerian Army, according to sources familiar with the incident. The overnight assault is said to have occurred as the military was preparing to launch a renewed offensive against the terrorists, who have recently intensified attacks on security forces in the region. The affected officer, Colonel I.A. Muhammad, along with his troops, was attached to the 242 Battalion in Borno, an area that has remained a major hotspot in the long-running…
Read More416 Borno abductees surface in B’Haram video
…Plead for urgent rescue A faction of the Boko Haram insurgent group, identified as Jama’atu Ahlis-Sunna Lidda’Awati Wal-Jihad (JAS), has released a video showing 416 abducted residents of Ngoshe in Gwoza local government area of Borno State, offering what it described as “proof of life” more than a month after the attack on the community. The 6-minute, 43-second footage, reportedly recorded at the request of the Borno-South Youths Alliance (BOSYA), shows mostly women and children, alongside a few men, surrounded by armed insurgents. In the video, the group claimed the…
Read MoreBorno: B’Haram launches fresh attack, kills Army General, soldiers
A fresh attack by Boko Haram insurgents has left several Nigerian soldiers dead, including a senior army officer, after a military base in Borno State came under heavy assault late Wednesday night. The attack was carried out by fighters linked to the Islamic State-backed faction of Boko Haram. According to reports, the incident happened at a Joint Task Force formation in Benesheikh, located in Kaga local government area. The town sits along the busy Damaturu Road, a known route often targeted by insurgents. Sources within the military said the attackers…
Read More