We are driven by the following core principles of journalism;
- We are founded on the tenets of free speech, human and civil rights, and exercise of free market.
- We are determined to enhance our reach in entertainment, news and current affairs globally.
- We will maximise revenues for sustainable growth and expansion of the group and for welfare of our staff.
- We are committed to the socio-economic development of our country and our people.
- Getting the facts right is our cardinal principle as such, we must always strive for accuracy, provide all the relevant facts, be truthful and fair and ensure that we check and corroborate before publishing any story.
- Most stories have at least two sides. While there is no obligation to present every side in every story, our stories should be balanced and add context because impartial reporting builds trust and confidence.
- What we write, publish or broadcast shall not be divisive, hurtful, libelous or defamatory. We should be aware of the impact of our words and images on the lives of others and the peace of the Nation.
- A sign of professionalism and responsible journalism is the ability to hold ourselves accountable. When we commit errors we must correct them and our expressions of regret must be sincere, not cynical. We listen to the concerns of our audience. We may not change what readers write or say but we will always provide remedies when we are unfair.